VoW 2019 - Speaker
DR. S. FAROOQ
M.Sc., Ph.D. (Gold Medalist),
Dr. S. Farooq President, The Himalaya Drug Company was born on 09th January 1955 in Dehradun, in the family of Janab Syed Rashid Ahmed, a renowned researcher of Ayurvedic remedies and a freedom fighter. Dr. S. Farooq obtained his M.Sc., Ph. D. & two D. Sc. Degrees, one from H.N.B. Garhwal University (DAV PG College Dehradun) & one Honoris Causa from Cambridge (England). Subject of his Ph.D. thesis was “Study of Chemical Changes in Cell Membrane and was awarded a Gold Medal. The subject of his D.Sc. thesis was “Newer alkaloids for therapeutic effect on infected respiratory tract along with its Pharmacodynamic & kinetic studies”. He also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management. He has published and presented over 200 papers in National and International Conferences. He is the Chief Editor of the Universities Journal of Phytochemistry & Ayurvedic Heights. He is the author of “555 Medicinal Plants”, “101 Herbal Remedies for Cough & Cold” and Biography of his father (Aap Yaad Aate Hain).
Dr. S. Farooq is also associated with several Government Bodies such as Member State Accreditation Committee (like NAAC) for Degree Colleges in the State of Uttarakhand. Member, Uttarakhand Airport Advisory Board. He is Patron of some Degree Colleges & Schools and associated with a number of State and National level Educational Institutions and Universities Viz:
- He was nominated for Padamshree Award in the year 2004.
- Member of the Statury Authority, GBS Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Board of Governors, Swami Ram Himalayan University, Dehradun.
- Board of Governors, NIT, Uttarakhand.
- Member Executive Committee, Uttarakhand Ayurved University
- Member Executive Council, HNB Uttarakhand Medical Education University.
- Member Executive Council, Uttarakhand Open University.
- Member, Advisory Committee, Doon University, Dehradun.
- Member Academic Council, Graphic Era University.
- Member Academic Council, DIT University.
- Member University Court of Aligarh Muslim University.
- Member University Court of JMI University, New Delhi.
- Former Member RDC & EC Rohilkhand University. Associated with HNB Garhwal University and Hamdard University.
- Chairman, Tasmia All India Educational and Social Welfare Society (Regd.), working for free education, Healthcare, scholarships to students & monetary help to widows.
- President, Doon Citizens Council, Dehradun
- Vice President, Society for Communal Harmony, New Delhi
- Former Asst. Governor, Rotary Distt.3080
- Chairman Rotary Foundation Committee.
- Former Chairman, CII State Council & Member, Regional Council.
- Former Officiating Chairman, Uttarakhand Minority Commission
- Former Vice President, India Islamic Cultural Centre.
- President – DAV Inter College Alumni Association, Dehradun.
- Patron, Pari Avaran Sahyog Society.
His name was listed in Marquis Who’s Who in the World (U.S.A) in 1997 in recognition of his Academic works in the year 2000 in INTERNATIONAL WHO’S WHO OF INTELLECTUALS 13th Edition of IBC (ENGLAND) in recognition of his Scientific research Work in Phytochemistry has received many Nationals and Internationals Awards also, during last 4 decades.
Dr. S. Farooq has traveled world vide and participated in the sports delegation, Horse Riding & Polo. He is prominently known for his research work & philanthropy.